Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, December 22, 2016

TBFURMAN: The Joe Moore Email To Rahm

TBFURMAN: The Joe Moore Email To Rahm:

The Joe Moore Email To Rahm





Enjoying this email dump immensely.



Joe Moore is a dishonest man; I've said it publicly, to his face, in front of people. And it's true. I will definitely give him credit, though, for being a true believer in the magic of charters. 

By the way, it isn't clear to me that the current principal of Sullivan is or was aware that the alderman was going to run with the "ESL Magnet" program as an argument to open a Noble Street charter in the ward. I've stopped caring, a little bit. I realize that you have to work with the alderman when you're running a school in a ward, but I've seen too much of the sausage-making. That episode where the three neighborhood schools and the alderman wanted to gobble up Field School to bring in the out-of-ward shinyTBFURMAN: The Joe Moore Email To Rahm: