Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, November 13, 2016

I Walk For Many – redqueeninla

I Walk For Many – redqueeninla:

I Walk For Many

Image result for big education ape  red queen la

There is street poetry* everywhere; angry and articulate, rude and respectful: “Respect existence img_6973or Expect resistance”, “Dear Climate: We’re sorry”, “Say it loud, say it clear: Immigrants are welcome here”, “We Shall Over-Comb”, “Pussy Grabs Back”, “Read a fucking book”, “Reject the fascist-elect”.
I stand for more than a dozen first-degree relatives, people who are too young or too old or too busy or too oversubscribed to turn out today, but whose dismay wants even so to be counted. I stand for several dozen second-degree relatives, for more, and beyond, from whom I read and hear their distress, who by walking for I may caress. I stand for dozens upon hundreds of friends and img_6974neighbors, workers and acquaintances who stand with me in spirit yet who cannot turn out in person.
We cannot all turn out but this is in my job description and so I do.
I raise children, I hold them and instruct them and walk with them hand-in-hand as they gain their own foothold on the path of life.
This is my bailiwick so I turn out today and walk for those who mayn’t, not now, I Walk For Many – redqueeninla: