Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 19, 2016

Schools Matter: Publishing My Email Exchanges with D. Ravitch, Part 2

Schools Matter: Publishing My Email Exchanges with D. Ravitch, Part 2:

Publishing My Email Exchanges with D. Ravitch, Part 2

Get 20% Off w/code: RLEGEN16

Since Diane Ravitch has chosen to slime me in her most recent blog post, I have decided to publish some of the dozens of emails that I have exchanged with Ravitch since her highly advertised conversion from neoconservative elitism to neoliberal elitism.  It is important, I think, to read these emails for the facts that Ravitch has ignored in order to depict me the dangerous, misogynistic, and racist bad guy.

Soon after NPE was created, I wrote to Diane in March 2013 to better understand her choice of two NPE board members who had advanced the concept of performance pay for teachers.  NPE board members, Anthony Cody and Renee Moore, had promoted performance pay for teachers as a good idea, while working with crackpot, Barnett Berry, whose neoliberal think tank in North Carolina has provided and promoted a number of bad ideas, e.g., Relay, to NCATE, the Gates Foundation, and other oligarchic groups.

After leaving  Berry’s nest, Cody had since backtracked on the performance pay idea, but Schools Matter: Publishing My Email Exchanges with D. Ravitch, Part 2: