Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, July 1, 2016

It’s Like Invisible Drones Following Students in School

It’s Like Invisible Drones Following Students in School:

It’s Like Invisible Drones Following Students in School

A drone equiped with four rotors and a camera is flying and taking pictures

Trustworthy Computing is the highest priority for all the work we are doing. We must lead the industry to a whole new level of Trustworthiness in computing.
__________
Happy 4th of July! This is a good time to think about freedom and privacy issues for children in our schools. Let me begin with a little story.
Recently I visited the beach. There is nothing like walking next to the ocean. Sandpipers scurried by as I stopped to look for shark teeth and weird things in the sand. I was alone and in my zone.
Suddenly, I heard buzzing. I looked up. There, hovering right over my head was a small drone!
I strolled back towards the hotel trying to ignore it. I have seen people operating drones before, but on this day, as I scanned the sand dunes, I could find no one. It followed me until I reached my destination then it took off probably to irritate someone else.
So what does my example of uninvited intrusion into one’s life have to do with public It’s Like Invisible Drones Following Students in School: