Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 11, 2016

Are We Being Duped? Why Not End Tax-Supported Charter Schools?

Are We Being Duped? Why Not End Tax-Supported Charter Schools?:

Are We Being Duped? Why Not End Tax-Supported Charter Schools?

Misinformation word cloud concept with abstract background
I just returned from Washington DC where I marched for Save Our Schools (SOS), and where I was honored to speak on a panel with two individuals whom I respect as experts about special education needs. I mingled with many great educators and parent activists who I consider friends. We stood side-by-side to support great public schools.
But while we stood sweating in the hot DC sun for the cause that we believe in deeply, the teachers union (which helped support the SOS meeting), Hillary Clinton, and the Democratic Party were cheerleading for charter schools.
As Schools Matters blogger and author Jim Horn, who has been critical of charters, unions, Republicans and Democrats, and SOS stated yesterday, “What a hangover it must be to wake up in DC this morning to find the privatization protest that you attended yesterday was undercut by the same people who funded the protest. Wow.”
Well, for the record, I paid my own way to the conference, and I donated a little more to Are We Being Duped? Why Not End Tax-Supported Charter Schools?:
Don't Be Fooled -  Vote for Real Democrats