Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, July 31, 2016

A Follow-up about My Position on Presidential Election 2016 | deutsch29

A Follow-up about My Position on Presidential Election 2016 | deutsch29:

A Follow-up about My Position on Presidential Election 2016


I received an entire spectrum of reactions to that post.
Some readers jeered and called me names (not many).
A number expressed their disappointment and even stopped following my blog. (Some added that they could not trust me anymore and included statements like “thanks for nothing” and that my work was “all for nothing.”) But the disappointment was not unified. Some were disappointed because
  • I publicly expressed an opinion about whom I would support.
  • I would not be voting for Trump.
  • I would not be boycotting the election.
  • I did not write an enthusiastic endorsement of Clinton.
  • I would not be voting for Johnson or Stein.
Others did not express their disappointment with my position but did let me know of their concern; still others openly yet respectfully disagreed and said that they were taking a strong stand opposite mine (i.e., voting for Trump because they could not possibly vote for Clinton).
Some expressed that they knew early on I would endorse Clinton; others went further and added that I was only looking for some excuse to do so.
And there are those who wrote that they understood my dilemma because it was their dilemma, as well.
Among my friends, a number will vote for Trump. They have told me so. And a number will vote for Clinton. They have told me so. This election is a tough one, and I have been surprised more than once about which candidate a friend supports. But I have told none that I am disappointed; I have tried to argue none into my own position, and I have ended no relationships over a friend’s choice of Clinton or Trump (or neither).
I have had some readers ask if I have seen the movie, Hillary’s America. I have not. And a number asked if I had seen Clinton Cash.
I watched about half of Clinton Cash before writing this post. And I read from a few articles related to the Clintons’ involvement in other countries and related to their A Follow-up about My Position on Presidential Election 2016 | deutsch29: