Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Legislative Updates from Senator Jamie Pederson

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Legislative Updates from Senator Jamie Pederson:

Legislative Updates from Senator Jamie Pederson

Senator Pederson is from my district, the Fightin' 43rd.

From his latest newsletter (partial:)


Today is our first big cutoff, when bills that have not passed out of committee will die for this year.
Please attend our 43rd District Town Hall on Saturday, Feb. 20 from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Erickson Theater at Seattle Central College. House Speaker Frank Chopp and I will discuss the legislature’s work and answer your questions on various issues before the state.


I wanted to update you on some issues that I have been working on. I also wanted to invite you to attend our 43rd District Town Hall on Saturday, Feb. 20 from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Erickson Theater at Seattle Central College. House Speaker Frank Chopp and I will discuss the legislature’s work and answer your questions on various issues before the state.

Funding Public Education
My top priority this year, as usual, is increasing funding for our public schools. As the father of four students at Stevens Elementaryon north Capitol Hill, this issue is personal to me.

The Supreme Court has directed the state to reduce its reliance on 
Seattle Schools Community Forum: Legislative Updates from Senator Jamie Pederson: