Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, February 20, 2016

My Exchange with ACT’s Senior Director of Media and Public Relations | deutsch29

My Exchange with ACT’s Senior Director of Media and Public Relations | deutsch29:

My Exchange with ACT’s Senior Director of Media and Public Relations



On February 17, 2016, I wrote a post about ACT’s College and Career Readiness Standards, and I ended with a couple of questions that I had for ACT’s Senior Director of Media and Public Relations, Ed Colby, one of which was as follows:
Edward, how about a couple of examples of CC math and ELA standards that ACT/Aspire excludes for not being supported by ACT research. Could you please provide?
On February 19, 2016, Colby responded.
ed colby  
Ed Colby
In this post, I offer the details of my email exchanges with Colby, culminating in his answering my question about specific examples of Common Core standards that ACT does not test.
Here goes:
From: Mercedes Schneider [mailto:deutsch29@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 12:49 PM
To: Public Relations Department
Subject: question about press release
Dear ACT Public Relations Rep:
On February 11, 2016, ACT issued a press release, which includes the paragraph cited below:
The finding that ACT Aspire assessments adequately assess many but not all 
My Exchange with ACT’s Senior Director of Media and Public Relations | deutsch29: