Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, November 9, 2015

Seattle Schools Community Forum: A Vote of No Confidence in Nyland Coming?

Seattle Schools Community Forum: A Vote of No Confidence in Nyland Coming?:

A Vote of No Confidence in Nyland Coming?



I haven't raised this idea but others have. 

My analysis of the situation is below but here's what made me a "vote of no-confidence" believer; it's a quote from a story that KIRO radio did about the State of the District speech.

He also defended his salary. 

"My raise is not going to solve anywhere near any of the issues that we have on the table," he said. "I have done better than anybody else. I'm gonna take the smallest raise in the district, as far as I know.

Sadly, he didn't explain why he deserves a raise. 

The raise is about $13K+.  He is offering to donate half of it back to the General Fund for this year. 

I can only gently say that $13,000 won't solve big issues but let's start a list of how it could help (because for some groups/schools, that money is a big deal.)

- fund more ORCA cards at RBHS - I am still waiting on the data from SPS 
Seattle Schools Community Forum: A Vote of No Confidence in Nyland Coming?: