Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, October 18, 2015

EduShyster and I Tag Team On A Microphone | The Jose Vilson

EduShyster and I Tag Team On A Microphone | The Jose Vilson:

EduShyster and I Tag Team On A Microphone



handshake


A couple of weeks ago, EduShyster visited my classroom because she’s my cousin, not in a biological way, but in the Dominican way where, when you think you’ve run out of cousins, out comes another one. Or, in this case, she’s an almost-kin.
Such is the case for one of the few people outside of my school building who’ve visited my classroom more than once. As she’s grown into a new role of provocateur, challenging her own notions about education reform, she’s caught serious heat from reformers and traditionalists alike. The former wonders what she’s up to and the latter thinks she’s lost her way. Instead, she defies both through her usual wit and candor, and gives us glimpses of people we might not otherwise get if we stuck with EduShyster and I Tag Team On A Microphone | The Jose Vilson: