Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Much Muted Return | @ THE CHALKFACE

A Much Muted Return | @ THE CHALKFACE:






A Much Muted Return

I’m back. If you’re new to this, check the About page.
There’s a history to @ the ChalkFace. It goes back to the beginning of 2010. Things became complicated, and with those complications much frustration. There was a break for over a year. It was very nice. I shed a lot of Internet weight.
I have ideas. I have stories and new experiences that are important for me to share. They could be important for readers as well. These stories and experiences will one day be compiled into something bigger. When teaching doesn’t get in the way, there’ll be more time for that.
To be very clear, @ the ChalkFace has always for me meant a place to share experiences of teaching. That’s how the phrase translates. Being back in the classroom after several years in higher education, there’s A LOT to discuss. Things are not as cut and dried as they were ten years ago or even a year ago.
To that end, I hope to be very clear and very plainspoken. At the same time, I need to be humble. I learned quickly that, despite having advanced degrees and experience, I don’t have even a fraction of the answers.
Let’s be humble together.A Much Muted Return | @ THE CHALKFACE: