Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, July 16, 2015

And You May Ask Yourself, "Well, How Did I Get Here?" | The Jose Vilson

And You May Ask Yourself, "Well, How Did I Get Here?" | The Jose Vilson:

And You May Ask Yourself, “Well, How Did I Get Here?

Jose Vilson Speaks at the AFT TEACH 2015
Thanks for your patience.
I’ve been to Atlanta, Washington D.C., and now San Antonio within the span of a week, spreading the “good word.” You’ve elevated me, so now I get to bring the words that usually come from this page to the adults who often need to hear it the most. Consequently, I haven’t written much. I’ll be back on the grind very soon.
In the meantime, please know that I haven’t wasted a minute making these here dreams come true. As evidence, I present this video from the American Federation of Teachers’ TEACH 2015 conference. I got to speak on my book This Is Not A Test with the homie Dana Goldstein, writer David Kirp, and writer / rock star Wes Moore. Given the odds, I think I represented teacher voice well:
The next morning, Linda Darling-Hammond, after finding out about the panel, said, “Yes, you definitely belong there.” Belonging is a big freaking deal. In the meantime, let me know what you’re up to. Thanks for now and in advance.
Jose

About Jose Vilson

José Luis Vilson is a math educator, blogger, speaker, and activist. For more of my writing, buy my book This Is Not A Test: A New Narrative on Race, Class, and Education, on sale now.