Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 7, 2014

How can we all keep the kindergarten spirit? | Connected Principals

How can we all keep the kindergarten spirit? | Connected Principals:



How can we all keep the kindergarten spirit?


IMG_2621Last week as I was walking through classrooms, I came across this kinder kid who was working feverishly on the carpet on a project. As I smiled and walked around the room, he waved me over and asked if I wanted to see his invention. “See this? I made it up, because I needed something that could go real fast. I didn’t have it, so I made it up. ” In addition to just being adorable, I was impressed with his creativity and that matter of fact attitude. It doesn’t occur to a kindergartener that you shouldn’t just make up what you need. 
Personality is encouraged. Scribbling is encouraged. Sharing is talked about daily.
Expectations for all are high. The ability to have FUN while working each day is natural. Forgiveness is second nature. Independence is being forged each and every day.
No one questions mistakes in kindergarten…they are expected, encouraged, and even enjoyed. There are new discoveries every day. The most basic of discoveries blow their mind.
They’re not too cool for anything. They love their teachers. Teachers are hugged and called mom, more than once. KinderHow can we all keep the kindergarten spirit? | Connected Principals: