Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, August 8, 2014

8-8-14 Jersey Jazzman

Jersey Jazzman:







EXCLUSIVE: Newark Teachers Union's Joe Del Grosso, In His Own Words
I really didn't think I'd be interviewing Joe Del Grosso yesterday.When I reached out to my contacts in the Newark Teachers Union, I was looking for a response from them regarding the news, first reported by the estimable Bob Braun, that a Newark parent group, PULSE, was pushing a federal investigation of the state-run school district's restructuring plan, One Newark.As I wrote in a series of brie




8-7-14 Jersey Jazzman
Jersey Jazzman: Summertime Celebrity Education Ignorance: David Boies1967 become known as the "Summer of Love."2014 will become known as the "Summer of Hate -- For Teachers Unions."Here in the steaming days of early August, the anti-union, anti-teacher, anti-tenure forces are whipping themselves into a froth over the idea that a school district might have to give a senior teach