Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, August 24, 2014

8-24-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:






Updated List Of Teaching Ideas For #MichaelBrown #Ferguson
© 2014 Elvert Barnes, Flickr | CC-BY-SA | via Wylio I’ve previously posted this list of my choices for the best resources/ideas for teaching about the tragedy of Michael Brown’s shooting death in Ferguson. I’ve since added some new resources and thought it would be useful to share this updated list: [View the story "Teaching Ideas For #Ferguson #MichaelBrown" on Storify]

All My Ed Week Posts From Past 3 Years On Teaching Math & Science — In One Place!
My latest Education Week Teacher column brings together all my posts from the past three years on teaching math and science. Here are a couple of excerpts:

This Week’s “Links I Should Have Posted About, But Didn’t”
I have a huge backlog of resources that I’ve been planning to post about in blog but, just because of time constraints, have not gotten around to doing. Instead of letting that backlog grow bigger, I regularly grab a few and list them here with a minimal description. It forces me to look through these older links, and help me organize them for my own use. I hope others will find them helpful, too

More Resources On California’s Drought
Photo Credit: QQ Li via Compfight Here are new additions to A Beginning List Of The Best Resources On California’s Drought: Drought in California – in pictures is from The Guardian. Tapping the final reservoir is an infographic from The Washington Post. 14 Facts Everyone Should Know About The California Drought is from BuzzFeed. California’s three-year drought just went from bad to dreadful: htt

Labor Day Resources
Photo Credit: Rakesh JV via Compfight Labor Day is coming up here in the United States. You might be interested in The Best Websites For Learning About Labor Day.

Friday & Sat. (2nd Wk) Tweets About #Ferguson #MichaelBrown
[View the story "Friday & Sat. (2nd Wk) Tweets About #Ferguson #MichaelBrown" on Storify]

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Week… 8-23-14 …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EF
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL LARRY FERLAZZO’S WEBSITES OF THE WEEKMore Important Resources On Race & Racism© 2012 Michael Fleshman, Flickr | CC-BY-SA | via Wylio Here are new additions to A Collection Of Useful Posts, Articles & Videos On Race & Racism: The black-white gap in life expectancy is narrowing — but it’s still too wide is from Vox