Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, August 14, 2014

8-14-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher

Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.:







I’m retired. Not dead.
When you subtitle your blog, “daily posts from a retired art teacher…,” and you miss a day’s post, people assume the worst. There will be days when you may find nothing new up here at all. And days when I’ll show up to work. That’s because Anne and I are headed to the eastern seaboard. Why is it the west coast but it is the eastern seaboard? Why are roads closed and bridges out? Another mystery o


Following seven year fight the Washington state Supreme Court okays pension cuts.
- From the Washington Education Association After a seven-year legal fight led by WEA, the Supreme Court has upheld cuts in retirement benefits for more than more than 100,000 K-12 educators. WEA President Kim Mead denounced the decision to reduce educators’ pensions . “It’s not right for the Legislature to unilaterally cut retirement benefits it promised – and to take away what educators already


Guest drawing. Alonso Zaragoza. Rahmzilla.
Raise the maximum age.







Gaza, MO. Washington Post reporter Wesley Lowery’s account of his arrest.
-Wesley Lowery is an reporter for the Washington Post. An officer with a large weapon came up to me and said, “Stop recording.” I said, “Officer, do I not have the right to record you?” He backed off but told me to hurry up. So I gathered my notebook and pens with one hand while recording him with the other hand. As I exited, I saw Ryan to my left, having a similar argument with two officers. I r
Gaza, MO.
Michael Brown’s mother, Mrs. Lesley McSpadden. Last night, the people of Ferguson, Missouri were getting tweets from Gaza residents with information on how to deal with tear gas. Watching the images coming from the St. Louis suburb it was hard to tell the difference between the two occupations. How does a small suburban town get all this military equipment? Why do they have tanks and machine guns


8-13-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher
Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.: TMD. Quinn runs against public employees.by Fred Klonsky / 1h hide  //  saveJames Keating and Betty Deitz. Debts and regrets.- This article by retired teacher James Keating and Betty Deitz also appears in the West Lake Shore Illinois Retired Teachers Association August newsletter. The state is in debt