Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, August 1, 2014

8-1-14 Ed Notes Online

Ed Notes Online:







Happy 100th Anniversary to World War One
Jeez, we haven't had a World War for 75 years. Our generation are just slackers. But the way things are going there is hope.Yes, August 1 is a big day in these parts. It was known as The Great War for 2 decades - until WWII broke out on Sept. 1 1939.I am celebrating by reading Barbara Tuchman's "The Guns of August." I had that book for about 40 years but lost it in Sandy. So I got a copy
Argentina Called Hedge Hog Paul Singer's Bluff
Many are bewildered as to why Argentina wouldn't come to some agreement in the eleventh hour, given the seemingly manageable amounts of debt in play. But the truth is that Argentina acted sensibly, especially given the limited maneuvering room it had to work with.  ... Foreign PolicyPaul Singer is singing in a high-pitched voice today after getting kicked in the balls by Argentina.See my previous

The Wave: The Amazing Susan Corning
When I saw Susan play the lead in Steel Magnolias back in 2006 - her first show in 30 years - I was blown away by her talent. A few years later I found myself in an RTC acting class - my first time when I was over 60 - with Susan. I was absolutely intimidated at the very idea of being on the same stage with Susan. But she made me feel - and makes everyone - feel so comfortable. She does anything a

Randi/Mulgrew Pal Steve Barr to Head Anti-Union DFER California
Hmm.. Steve Barr of Green Dot charters and then the pretentiously named “Future is Now” charters was always a favorite of Michael Mulgrew and the UFT. Several of his charters were started in NYC w/ their enthusiastic agreement. Wonder if they’ll still love him so much.... Leonie HaimsonOf course they still love Steve Barr, who never changed his true anti-union stripes, but allowed MulGarten to str

7-31-14 Ed Notes Online
Ed Notes Online: Mike Schirtzer Thanks MOREistasI just wanted to thank all the folks who helped organize and present at the today's summer series and the last one a couple of weeks back.Kit, Norm, Ellen, and James really explained well the lessons for MORE from their experiences in past opposition groups. It was such a great history lesson on why they fight so hard and how they were able to achiev