Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Why I will NOT attend the BAT Rally in D.C. on Monday… | Reclaim Reform

Why I will NOT attend the BAT Rally in D.C. on Monday… | Reclaim Reform:



Why I will NOT attend the BAT Rally in D.C. on Monday…

I want very, very much to attend the Badass Teachers Association rally in Washington D.C. on Monday. I am simply unable to attend; events in my life have gotten in the way. I truly wanted to be at all of the past week’s BAT events.
As an adult, my personal reasons require no excuse making; that is why those reasons are called personal. However, if I could attend and work with all the wonderful people there, I certainly would.
What can I do to be supportive of public education for all without being there?
How can I continue to be part of the movement that believes in teachers and actual teaching?
Go to the USTREAM channel that allows us all to view recently streamed presentations and view live-streaming of the rally itself from Washington D.C. all day Monday. Sign in via Facebook or email or whatever.
The point is, do whatever it takes to be part of stopping the attempted dismantling of American education for the profit of a few insanely wealthy multinational investors and their tax-free foundations.
Please share the link with everyone you know.
(If, for whatever reason, the above link doesn’t work well for you, google it.)
—–
By the way, I cannot list all the names of the fine, caring, dedicated people who are part of the BAT events. I respect and love these people. Actually, that is our strength – there are too many of these wonderful people to even name in one blog. BATs are bigger and more important than any one person. There are too many of us who refuse to be stopped.
10271569_1650849435139713_4068087265474639134_n

BATs Descend on DOE, Demand Change of Direction