Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

In Defense of Francesco Portelos, He Loves Kittens southbronxschool

http://www.southbronxschool.com:



In Defense of Francesco Portelos, He Loves Kittens

I was away for the weekend. My son, who just turned 13, went to baseball camp for the week in
Pennsylvania and my wife decided to spend Sunday night in my old stomping grounds of Corning NY.

Oh, just as an aside, since I have mentioned my son playing baseball people are free to mention in comments in comments section here, or on Twitter, that my son plays baseball. So if one were to say (Paraphrasing Don Drysdale), "Hey I hope your son knows that when he is at bat the pitcher owns half the plate, but just won't tell which half he owns so he better not crowd the plate. If he does, he deserves to get plunked." Or, if someone says, "If he hits a dinger and shows up the pitcher, he'll get plunked in his next AB (Paraphrasing Bob Gibson).

And yes he will deserve it, and yes, it's part of the game and anyone saying this will not be wishing harm to my son my just stating fact. If I never mentioned my son and baseball no one will ever bring up crowding the plate, or since he is a catcher, no one will bring up not to block the plate and wind up likeBuster Posey or Ray Fosse.

I bring my son up, he can be talked about. 

So back to today's topic.

I get up this morning and see that Francesco Portelos is shamed in both the Post and the Daily Newsfor this tweet (Names redacted on advice of The Crack Team's Crack Legal Team)(Click to enlarge);


 For which Mona Davids replied;

save image



Yes, we respect that Mona is a mother and protective, but her response was a bit http://www.southbronxschool.com: