Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Confessions of a D-List Reformer | EduShyster

Confessions of a D-List Reformer | EduShyster:



Confessions of a D-List Reformer



Everything you ever wanted to know about education reform land but were afraid to ask…
By *The 49er*whisper-in-ear
I have a confession—I am an education reformer. So what am I doing here, hooking up with the likes of EduShyster? I got involved in the education reform movement because I honestly believe that all kids in this country deserve a better public education system. I wish that the same could be said of all of my peers in the movement. My insider’s perspective has given me some unique insights into the education reform movement and I’ll be sharing them with you here.
CA 49Why the 49er?
I’ve picked for my moniker *the 49er.* ( I have to remain anonymous for now, unfortunately.) And no, the 49er is not a reference to the better football team in the Bay Area. I’m channeling the original 49ers (not the ones from Charlotte, either) who *first* settled California. If you remember your history, you’ll recall that the 49ers came west in search of gold. They came by the wagonload across the country on a difficult journey, and while most of them never found the gold and riches they were looking for, they did find the land of California. In most cases, California turned out to be more pleasant from where they came from, so they stayed, and California started its path towards becoming our most populous Confessions of a D-List Reformer | EduShyster: