Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Move to SacTown in Song, This time it’s for REAL: A Playlist | Cloaking Inequity

A Move to SacTown in Song, This time it’s for REAL: A Playlist | Cloaking Inequity:



A Move to SacTown in Song, This time it’s for REAL: A Playlist

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4163-1372446035-10
Well I’m going out west where I belong.

I apologize for the thin posting on Cloaking Inequity the past two weeks. Summer is a busy time as I wrap up peer-reviewed articles, teach two methods classes for the new UT-Austin Superintendency cohort, personal and professional travel, conferences, etc. Avid readers of this blog may remember the post Julian Vasquez Heilig is leaving The University of Texas at Austin. I promise that today is not April 1. For my Twitter followers,LinkedIn connections, and Facebook friends the news that today I accepted an appointment as Full Professor and Director of the Educational Leadership at California State at Sacramento probably does not come as a surprise. California State offered a promotion to full, a leadership role, more professional and personal resources, and a greatly reduced teaching load compared to the #25 university in the world. I will sorely miss the students, faculty and community friends I have encountered here in Austin over the past 9 years. I will even miss the legislators and their dedicated staff. :) I debated how I could creatively tell the story of my departure from the University of Texas at Austin. Well here is my attempt…


Well I’m going out west where I belong
Where the days are short and the nights are long
And I’ll walk a little walk I’ll twist a little twist
I’ll shimmy a little shimmy I’ll fly a little fly
Yea we’re out there having fun in the warm California sun