Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

7-8-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL, & EF

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:







“Ideas for strengthening English skills over the summer”
Ideas for strengthening English skills over the summer is my latest post over at The British Council. It’s a slightly revised version of a previous post here, and I share what I’m doing with my students over the summer through easy-to-set-up “virtual classrooms.”

Videos Of The Week
In yet another effort to get at my backlog of resources to share, I recently began this feature to share useful videos. I’ll still periodically highlight certain ones on their own, but the rest will be found on this regular post: I’m adding this first video to The Best Video Clips Demonstrating “Grit” — as Digg describes it, “Watch A 2-Year-Old Amputee Learn To Walk Before Your Eyes”: I’m adding


Useful Article: “How to Read Education Data Without Jumping to Conclusions”
How to Read Education Data Without Jumping to Conclusions is a good article in The Atlantic by Jessica Lahey & Tim Lahey. I’m adding it to The Best Resources For Understanding How To Interpret Education Research. Here’s an excerpt:
All My Ed Week Posts On Implementing The Common Core — In One Place!
My latest Ed Week Teacher piece brings together all my posts from the past three years on implementing the Common Core. I’m adding it to The Most Useful Resources For Implementing Common Core. Here’s an excerpt:


7-7-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL, & EF
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: Our National Union Has A New President!Lily Eskelsen García was just elected President of the National Education Association. You can read more about her at: Eskelsen García: We Are Fearless and We Will Not Be Silent at NEA Today. Doug Robinson: Former lunch lady Lily Garcia goes to Washington to run for the NEA from Desere