Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

7-8-14 Curmudgucation Week

CURMUDGUCATION:







Details on New Teacher Equity Plan

This aspect of school reform has been lurking around the edges for some time-- the notion that once we find the super-duper teachers, we could somehow shuffle everybody around and put the supery-duperest in front of the neediest students. But though reformsters have occasionally floated the idea, the feds have been reluctant to really push it.Now that the current administration has decided to brin


7-7-14 Curmudgucation Week
CURMUDGUCATION: Hitting the RoadIn a few hours my wife and  I will get on a plane and head off for Seattle, where I will learn about PLCs (yay) and stay with my daughter and son-in-law. From there, it's off to LA, where we will stay with my son and future daughter-in-law. Consequently, things will be quieter than usual here. Were I a blogger of Diane Ravitch's stature and stamina, I would keep up