Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, July 21, 2014

7-21-14 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:






Quick announcement from @ the Chalk Face radio show
In the meantime, get anything you need from the archive, 24/7.
A July 21, 2014, Update on Common Core, PARCC, and Smarter Balanced
On Sunday, July 20, 2014, I took the day off from writing. No book editing; no blogging. I think I have done so only for one other day since May. Instead, I read a book for the sheer enjoyment of reading. I chose my all-time favorite, a work of fiction by C.S. Lewis, The Great Divorce. […]

“No new federal spending” Equals “This really doesn’t matter”
“No new federal spending” Equals “This really doesn’t matter”. via “No new federal spending” Equals “This really doesn’t matter”.
Back from vacation to crowdsource a problem with school enrollment
Help. My elementary school in a low-income part of Washington, DC needs its community to enroll its children in school. Otherwise, we’re going to have a problem. In previous weeks, and in weeks to come, myself and others are canvassing surrounding neighborhoods to ensure that students are enrolled in school. Previously, I’ve called this “predatory […]


All Week 7-19-14 @ THE CHALK FACE
@ THE CHALK FACE : All Week @ THE CHALK FACE An Update on the Continued Constriction of Roemer’s and White’s 2014-15 Assessment CornerSo much has transpired in the situation regarding the state of Louisiana education for 2014-15. For those attempting to keep up with the situation, let me briefly summarize: On June 18, 2014, Governor Bobby Jindal declared that he wanted Louisiana out of both the Pa