Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, July 20, 2014

7-20-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day | For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:






July’s Infographics & Interactives Galore – Part Three
There are just so many good infographics and interactives out there that I’ve begun a new semi-regular feature called “Infographics & Interactives Galore.” You can see others at A Collection Of “The Best…” Lists On Infographics and by searching “infographics” on this blog. I’ll still be publishing separate posts to individually highlight especially useful infographics and interactives, but you

Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
© 2010 Michael Stout, Flickr | CC-BY-SA | via Wylio I’ve started a somewhat regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention: You Can Learn a New Language While You Sleep, Study Finds is an article from PsyBlog. Learn Dutch In Your Sleep is another report on the same study. Inventive, Cheaper Tool

Just Updated “Best” List Of Simple Classroom Science Experiments
© 2007 Smoooochie, Flickr | CC-BY-SA | via Wylio I’ve just updated The Best Sources Of Ideas For Simple Classroom Science Experiments. Additional suggestions are welcome….


All My Ed Week Posts On Parent Engagement In One Place!
Q & A Collections: Parent Engagement In Schools is my latest post at Education Week Teacher. It brings together all my Ed Week posts related to parent engagement from the past three years. Here’s an excerpt: I’m adding it to My Best Posts, Articles & Interviews On Parent Engagement.

YESTERDAY

Big New Study On Deliberate Practice
© 2012 Mary St George, Flickr | CC-BY | via Wylio As you may have heard by now, a new study was recently released raising questions about the importance of deliberate practice to success. Here are some articles about the study. I’m adding this post to The Best Resources For Learning About The 10,000 Hour Rule & Deliberate Practice. There’s little question that Talent vs. Practice: Why Are We S

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Week… 7-19-14 …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EF
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFLLARRY FERLAZZO’S WEBSITES OF THE DAYIs Summer Learning The Silver Bullet For Narrowing The Achievement Gap?This summer, I’ve been in the process of writing my seventh book — the third volume in my series on student motivation (I’m over halfway there — Yay!). As part of that writing, I’ve been going over a number of articles I