Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, July 18, 2014

7-18-14 Ed Notes Online

Ed Notes Online:



Popeye


I Defend Tenure in the Indypendent
Thanks to John Tarleton for a great editing job. Making me look literate ain't easy.Teacher Bashing Knows No Summer Vacation By Norm ScottJuly 16, 2014Issue # 198  In a closely watched case, a California judge ruled on June 10 that the state’s teacher tenure laws infringed on the civil rights of students in schools in poor communities to a proper education guaranteed under the state constitution.

Gypsy Opens Tonight at Rockaway Theatre Company in Fort Tilden
Last night was the final dress rehearsal and I put on my suit for my 5 minute stint as Mr. Goldstone where I end up standing on a chair. Don't tell me to break a leg - because I probably will. Tonight begins the first of 10 performances. Tickets are selling out, so come on down to the theater at the very hot Fort Tilden. And there are scads of NYC teachers in the show. Maybe we can start a MORE ch

7-17-14 Ed Notes Online
Ed Notes Online: Speculating on Karen Lewis Challenge to Rahm: Who Will Get the Jewish VoteTwo Jewish candidates to square off in Chicago. (If you don't believe me ask Karen to show you her CHI.Someone emailed me when I was in LA, cocerned that Karen and Chicago crew weren't challenging Randi enough - that was before the Common Core shootout (AFT14 Report - Common Core Debate - Epic Battle B....).