Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, June 5, 2014

6-5-14 Ed Notes Online Week

Ed Notes Online:






UFT Contract: Why Union Officials Owe Ellen Fox, Me and MORE
View from my deckOh, what I gave up to spend 2 days observing the vote count as a MORE rep. (I'm still redoing my ravaged garden from Sandy.)  The UFT owes Ellen and I bigtime. Here's why.A call came in last night (I'm paraphrasing): "Norm, if not for your ed notes piece on the count being honest the people in my school - almost 100% NO - would be ready to storm UFT HQ over what looks like a

Exposing the Charter School BS About Demographics

I saw this a few weeks ago and it reinforces the case that hook or crook, charters skim the cream despite claims all the kids in public and charters come from the same demographic and socio-economic status. Any teacher who works(ed) in public schools in certain neighborhoods, like I did in East Williamsburg (old-style) for 35 years saw how different kids from the same projects could be. Since clas
6-4-14 Ed Notes Online Week
Ed Notes Online: Ed Notes Online: SUPPORT LEONIE HAIMSON CLASS SIZE MATTERS BY ATTENDING SKINNY AWARDS DINNEREd Notes Online: SUPPORT LEONIE HAIMSON CLASS SIZE MATTERS BY ATTENDING SKINNY AWARDS DINNER: SUPPORT LEONIE HAIMSON CLASS SIZE MATTERS BY ATTENDING SKINNY AWARDS DINNERTime out from contract vote reporting for a word for a worthy cause.OK. It's time to ante up for Leonie and the great work