Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

6-3-14 Ed Notes Online Week

Ed Notes Online:






UFT Contract: Vote Predictions - Will the NO Voters Spark an Anti-Unity Movement?
Anyone for 80-20? 70-30? 60-40? How about 75-25?(I scheduled this to be posted at 3PM, the rough time the vote count is expected to be announced. I will be there.)Many of the bloggers have been out there predicting.Mr. Talk Predicts: 2014 Contract Passes in a Landslide Perdido Street School UFT Contract Vote: Predictions And The Roadmap For The Future -  Urban Ed is relatively optimistic:My C


UFT Contract: Will OT/PT Chapter Turn it Down?
UFT  leaders seem worried this will happen. What are the implications if the UFT has to go back to the bargaining table?I scheduled this to go up around 10AM when I will be on the subway.I mentioned this in this morning's first post (UFT Contract: A Day At the Count - What I Learned - Updated) but didn't  want to see this get lost in that sea of words: That it is likely that the Occupational/Physi
UFT Contract: A Day At the Count - What I Learned - Updated
Before heading over for today's vote count, which I hear will be released at around 3PM, let me give a report of what happened at yesterday's count.(I will be sending updates based on rough batch counts to the MORE and ICE listserves but probably won't be able to post on ed notes unless I find wi-fi access.) Yesterday, Ellen Fox and I spent a few hours at the AAA a few blocks north of UFT HQ in a
6-2-14 Ed Notes Online Week
Ed Notes Online: UFT Contract - Dissecting MORE Contract Discussion Happy Hours: Should Unity be Worried?I spoke and asked if there were any next steps since after Tuesday, when the contract will most likely pass, it will all be over. She turned to me with a defiant stare, shook her head and said, "No! It isn't." One of the "benefits" of the recent contract struggles is how the