Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, June 20, 2014

6-20-14 Seattle Schools Community Forum

Seattle Schools Community Forum:






New Game: If I Were Superintendent of Seattle Public Schools
Okay, boys and girls! We're going to play a new game. The new game is called "If I Were Superintendent of Seattle Public Schools", and here are the rules. Here in the Comments of this thread tell us what actions you would take if you were the next Superintendent of Seattle Public Schools. That, by itself, is enough fantasy, so please keep the proposed actions in the realm of reality - yo


Friday Open Thread
I first want to congratulate parents and staff (and students) for their hard work this school year. I did see my second son graduate from college in May.  Yesterday I went back to his elementary school to thank two special teachers, Marianne Crawford and Gillian Gordon-Smith, at Whittier.  I believe as his first and fifth grade teachers, they bookended his time at Whittier and gave him a great sta


 Banda Leaving Seattle Schools
He is letting staff know today.I don't know where he is going (I have rumor that it is a district in San Jose, California.)I suspect the Board will make Charles Wright the interim superintendent.


6-19-14 Seattle Schools Community Forum
Seattle Schools Community Forum: I Must Be BlindI must be blind because I can't see what the Seattle Times editorial board sees when they look at the legislature's response to the McCleary decision.They say that the McCleary ruling has already done a lot of good. I'm not seeing that. What good has this ruling done? The legislature is no closer to fully funding public K-12 education now than they w