Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, June 20, 2014

6-20-14 Curmudgucation

CURMUDGUCATION:






Don't Worry About the Rich
There will always be great schools in this country. On that point, you need not worry. There will always be great schools, just as there will always be excellent health care and great libraries. These things will always exist.Well, at least, they will always exist for the rich.The rich will always have access to the finest version of these things, these items that we all believe are an important p


How Charters Fake Success
Jersey Jazzman is one of the premiere edubloggers out there, and I rarely mention him here because I generally don't have anything to add except, "Yeah. What he said. Read that." But his post from yesterday about a subtle way in which charters can cook the books is extra worth taking another look-- and I think I can add some value for the stats-impaired readers.I'll start by echoing his


6-19-14 Curmudgucation Week
CURMUDGUCATION: Another CCSS Writer AwakensPsychology Today ran a great interview in January, talking to Dr. Louisa Moats, a psychologist, teacher, and researcher who was a contributing writer for the Common Core Standards, that is now making the rounds. The interview is worth reading in its entirety, but let me entice you with some highlights. And let me start by noting that David Coleman recruit