Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

MULGREW DROPS THE ATR BALL AGAIN!! VOTE NO ON THE CONTRACT!! southbronxschool.com

http://www.southbronxschool.com:



MULGREW DROPS THE ATR BALL AGAIN!! VOTE NO ON THE CONTRACT!!

I did what I was supposed to do yesterday. I got home about 4:30 ignored my wife and son and went into the office to watch UFT & Friends on the computer.

I made sure that all three modes, Twitter, email, and the phone, were working so that I might share what was on my mind.

Yes, I truly thought of making some far out political statement, like "Give us a good contract or give us death," or something like that, but I thought the better. The ATR's needed what support and I anyone else can give and this was the time to ask hard questions.

Seriously though, I did think that for a moment my phone call and question will be piped in live like"Donahue" and I would be able to question President Mike directly. It was not to be.

I called in at 5:01 and asked a simple question (Though for some reason I had to give my school, district, and license area);
"If an ATR goes on an interview and is not offered the position will that count as a strike against them towards them leading to an expedited 3020-a?"
The person on the other end told me no it wasn't but we both agreed that there are many out there wondering and that it would be good to get the word out there (Though we here at SBSB seemed tohttp://www.southbronxschool.com: