Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, May 8, 2014

5-8-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:







Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
I’ve started a somewhat regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention: ELLs and Their Peers: What They Teach Each Other in the Classroom is an Ed Week post about an interesting upcoming research study. Study calls for standardizing English fluency definition is from The San Francisco Chronic


One-Minute “Ask Smithsonian” Videos Are Good To Watch & Are Useful Models For Student Creations
The Smithsonian has a series of one-minute “Ask Smithsonian” videos that answer questions on a variety of topics. Here’s an example: There short, sweet and interesting to watch. But I plan on using them for something else, too… Next year, I’ll be teaching a number of Social Studies classes to English Language Learners — Geography, World History, U.S. History. I could definitely see showing thes




5-7-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: I Learn Another Great Game For English Langage Learners From Jimmy FallonLast year, I wrote about a fun game for English Language Learners that I learned from late-night talk show host Jimmy Fallon (see Jimmy Fallon Comes Up With A Great Game For English Language Learners). Today, I learned another one… He calls it Word Sne