Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, May 4, 2014

5-4-14 the becoming radical | A Place for a Pedagogy of Kindness by P. L. Thomas, EdD

the becoming radical | A Place for a Pedagogy of Kindness (the public and scholarly writing by P. L. Thomas, Furman University):











Celebrities, Thank You, But…

My formative years, thanks to my mother, included George Carlin, The Firesign Theater, and Richard Pryor. I am convinced a powerful line from Carlin to Kurt Vonnegut remains the most important foundation of who I am outside of the people directly in my life. So I am offering here first my indebtedness to comedians, including my much more recent affinity for Margaret Cho, Sarah Silverman, and Louis


5-3-14 the becoming radical EMPATHYEDUCATES! | A Place for a Pedagogy of Kindness by P. L. Thomas, EdD
THE BECOMING RADICALRadical ScholarshipEMPATHYEDUCATES!the becoming radical  A Place for a Pedagogy of Kindness by We Socialize Girls To Be Better at School But Set Them Up For Failure in the Real WorldCredit: Shutterstock By Sarah Jane Glynn | Originally Published at Think Progress. April 30, 2014 2:43 PM The New York Times’s Upshot blog reported on Tuesday that the “behavior gap” (which includes