Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Elizabeth Warren and I | Diane Ravitch's blog

Elizabeth Warren and I | Diane Ravitch's blog:






I have recently read that Senator Elizabeth Warren is a supporter of school vouchers. This made people who despise public schools, like certain hedge fund managers, tingle with joy. At last, a progressive who is as contemptuous of public education as they are! At last, someone who will support their efforts to dismantle our nation’s precious democratic institution whose doors are open to all.
About a month ago, I visited Senator Warren in her office in Washington, and she said without reservation that this was untrue.
She told me that she was, like me, a graduate of public schools. Without public education, she said, she would not be where she is today.
I gave her a copy of “Reign of Error,” which she promised to read.
Since I am writing this on an iPad from Louisville, I can’t figure out how to add the photo of me and Warren, holding the book. But I will tweet it.
I hope to hear from her again. More on this when I do.
Hedge fund managers, don’t be so sure of yourselves. You can’t buy everyone.