Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, April 24, 2014

4-24-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher

Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.:



Jose Vilson





Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. Race matters.
Yesterday I posted a criticism of the Supreme Courts decision in Schuette v Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action. A number of readers commented or emailed me to express their disagreement with the position I took. This is a moment that I am glad to say that I stand with my union leaders – who not only opposed  the decision – but earlier filed a legal brief in defense of affirmative action in th

Jose Vilson gets the Fred Klonsky treatment.
Fred, First, I’m thankful you got around to this. On Cloud 10 even. Secondly, and perhaps more jokingly, I was hoping for the Fred Klonsky treatment with the artwork and all. I’m not mad, though. Honest. Thanks again. It’s like you freaking know me. - Jose Vilson This is Not a Test


4-23-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher
Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.: Ten minute drawing. Rauner tries to soften his image by running ads with his wife.by Fred Klonsky / 1h Justice may be blind but we can see.Since Michigan banned affirmative action in 2006, the minority population at its colleges and universities has dropped from 12 percent to 9.5 percent. The proporti