Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 13, 2014

4-13-13 Curmudgucation Week

CURMUDGUCATION:








Five Best Positive Posts
Even though this blog is mostly about the spleen ventage, I do make it a point to remember the Good Parts, too. So here, for your Sunday night (or Monday morning or Wednesday afternoon or whenever your Up could use some Pickme), here are the five most positive posts from Curmudgucation (so far). I know that irony is often my stock and trade, but for these posts, I'm not kidding!Why American Public


From One Reluctant Warrior to Another
Anthony Cody posted A Call to Battle for reluctant Warriors earlier this week, and it got me to really thinking about my own reluctant warrior status, and what I would say to someone else just entering the fray.I'm not a fighter. On those personality tests that measure such things, I usually emerge as a peacemaker. But from day one, teaching have forced me to confront the need, sometimes, to fight
4-12-13 Curmudgucation Week
4-5-13 Curmudgucation WeekCURMUDGUCATION:Duncan to Rest of US: Shut UpLast week Arne Duncan John King shared a bill at the National Action Network gathering in NYC. King's message was "Blah blah blah standards tests blah." Same old, same old. Duncan, however, field tested a new message that translates basically to, "All youse normals, just shut up."John King's history as NY Hig