Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Comedy of Errors becomes the Tragedy of Absurdity. | Reclaim Reform

The Comedy of Errors becomes the Tragedy of Absurdity. | Reclaim Reform:



The Comedy of Errors becomes the Tragedy of Absurdity.

I strongly support teachers’ unions – both the NEA and the AFT. Just as strongly, I believe that the Illinois Education Association, IEA/NEA, desperately needs new leadership. Why?
IEA Vote Endorsement2
Look at the mail I received today, 3/22/14, for the endorsement and directions on how to vote in the 3/18/14 primary election.
The cognitive dissonance of receiving this endorsement of Kirk Dillard, the recent Chairman of IL ALEC, was increased several notches. A few weeks before the election Dillard pledged to cut public education funding by $1 Billion. (Read Capital Fax HERE.) Dillard lost the election several days ago.
The smiling photo of IEA President Cinda Klickna endorsing a smirking Dillard haunts me. This absurd full-color mailer sent to me in Florida at my one-and-only address is simply