Seriously.
I am a long-time denizen.
At times I have been very active in posting and commenting.  I think my record is 6 posts in one day.
At others I may seem to disappear - this is only my 7th post in 22 days this month (although I have a few things in the queue which will go up soon enough).
Yet the site is of no less value to me -  in the limited time I may have available I am still able to read and occasionally to comment on threats that I find of value.
There are diaries that do not interest me, just as I am quite well aware that what I post - including this - may be of little interest to others.  I do not have time to even glance at above the fold of every diary and even will skip over things by people I respect because they are on topics that are of no interest to me.
And yet, and any given moment, were I too look at what is on the front page and the 50 most recent diaries, I will find at least a dozen that will be of some value to me should I engage with them.
Were I to have a complaint that important topics are not being covered, then there is a simple solution - I can cover them.  That is in fact how I led a panel at Yearly Kos 2006:  I complained to Gina that there was nothing on education and she told me to organize a panel, which I did.
If you want something additional or different here at Daily Kos, there is a simple solution - do it yourself, and then seen if you can get the support of the community.  The site is open enough.
Of greater importance, it is a supportive community, whether it is of quilts, of affirmation by recommendations and tips, in promoting the good work of newbies, in providing tips on how to make diaries more effective.
It is a very large family, which is apparent at any get-together, whether it be at Netroots or in a local gathering.
It is that because Markos has allowed it to be that, to be sure.
It is also that because people here choose to make it that way.
That is characteristic of liberals.
It is true of most Democrats.
It is what WE make of it.
Just saying.
Peace.