Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Louisiana Educator: Education Legislation

Louisiana Educator: Education Legislation:



Education Legislation


I have asked my readers to consider participating in my Defenders of Public Education email system. This system is designed to provide up to the minute information about important education legislation. The “Defenders” can then contact their legislators and advise them before they vote. The Defenders include a cross section of parents, school board members, and educators whose primary interest is to see our public schools constantly improve and provide a great education to our students. Over 1100 persons have signed up so far. All you have to do if you want to receive emails about important actions on education legislation, is just send me an email at louisianaeducator@gmail.com and include your zip code so I can figure out who your legislators are.  This post will give you a first look at the important education legislation of this upcoming session that starts Monday, March 10th. But before I go into legislation, I need to tell you about a very important national group.

The Best National Group Supporting Our Public Schools

This blog has often identified the enemies of public education. Now I want to tell you briefly about a great National group that is a true champion of public education. This is the group called the Network for Public Education (NPE). It was formed by a group of public education leaders including Diane Ravitch and Education