Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

3-4-14 @ The Chalk Face

@ THE CHALK FACE:








Even in mourning, obsessions with our classroom abound.
For four years, I was a college professor in teacher education. I probably reported to work in person about three days a week, worked from home the rest on writing, committee work, reading, and other kinds of professional development. My schedule had a reasonable amount of flexibility relative to most jobs. I could easily take […]
What Does It Mean To Be In Solidarity?
Last weekend the Network for Public Education (NPE) held its first conference in Austin Texas. Now I have attended many conferences over the years.  For me they tend to be inspiring, lots of good workshops and information and opportunities to network with colleagues. But something about the NPE conference felt different. Part of it was […]

Some Details on the First NPE Conference

The first annual Network for Public Education (NPE) Conference was this past weekend, on Saturday, March 1, and Sunday, March 2, 2014. Below is a news brief on the conference: I participated in the NPE conference as a member of three panel discussions, the topics being investigative journalism, philanthropy (as such is undermining the democratic […]


3-3-14 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: Critical Pedagogy or Core Knowledge?Critical Pedagogy or Core Knowledge?. via Critical Pedagogy or Core Knowledge?.1 by plthomasedd / 1h  All Week 3-1-14 @ THE CHALK FACE@ THE CHALK FACE knows SCHOOLS MATTER: All Week @ THE CHALK FACE My Open Letter to Dennis Van RoekelMr. Van Roekel: I haven’t formally thanked you for allowing me to share the stage with you in December of last y