Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 30, 2014

3-30-14 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:





Video: iRefuse Rally in Long Island, NY (March 29, 2014)
My thanks to Mert Melfa for posting the complete iRefuse video (3 1/2 hours) to youtube. Thanks also to Michael Bohr for sending it my way. And thanks to Yvonne Gasperino and others for indulging me as I “condensed” 30 minutes into 40. I begin speaking at 2:09:40. I open with the story of my […]


We are officially in syndication, and have an updated show page
At the Chalk Face is now officially in syndication, with our first two stations secured in the Boston area. I also updated our main show page, and then stuck it to the blog’s homepage. We have to get this show out there as an oppositional voice to the corporate reform movement. Let any local radio […]
The Deceptive Push to “Implement” Common CoreThe Deceptive Push to “Implement” Common Core
I just returned home from speaking at the iRefuse Rally on March 29, 2014, in Port Jefferson Station, New York. My trip was an adventure in many ways, not the least of which was in my managing to get to New York. In short, my flight to NYC was canceled; I was able to fly to Baltimore […]

Unions? We Don’t Need No Stinking Unions
Unions? We Don’t Need No Stinking Unions. via Unions? We Don’t Need No Stinking Unions.


The Edtech Trinity: Time, Training, and Tools
Edtech tools will never replace teachers, but teachers who use edtech tools will replace those who don’t. There’s absolutely no denying that edtech tools are changing the teaching profession. As a result, I’ll argue that the edtech trinity in education must include time, training, and tool searching. As the edtech industry grows and becomes more […]

Of Me I Sing …. Really?

A response from the United Opt Out organizers: Morna McDermott, Tim Slekar, Ruth Rodriguez, Peggy Robertson, Ceresta Smith and Shaun Johnson) In the effort to stay “current” in reporting about the rising tide of the Opt Out movement (aka high stakes standardized testing refusal), journalists are eager to tell the story…but do they do their […]
All Week 3-29-14 @ THE CHALK FACE
@ THE CHALK FACE : All Week @ THE CHALK FACE College Athletes’ Academic Cheating a Harbinger of a Failed SystemCollege Athletes’ Academic Cheating a Harbinger of a Failed System. via College Athletes’ Academic Cheating a Harbinger of a Failed System.Filed under: PAUL THOMAS: Becoming Radical1 by plthomasedd / 1h YESTERDAYKatherine Duran Shares More of Her StoryI’m the mom who was “suspended” from