Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, March 3, 2014

3-3-14 Engaging Parents In School… | Going Beyond Parent "Involvement"

Engaging Parents In School… | Going Beyond Parent "Involvement":











Student-Led Conferences: “Instead of Mrs. Haug telling us what we learned, we tell her what we learned.”
Teachers switching format of parent conferences is an article in St. Louis Today sharing how teachers in one school began moving their parent-teacher conferences into student-led ones. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Parent/Teacher Conferences.
My Best Posts On Parent Engagement Over The Past Three Months
I thought readers, and I, would find it useful to review and list my choices for the best posts on parent engagement I’ve written since I posted My Best Posts On Parent Engagement In 2013 three months ago. You can also see all my “Best” lists related to parent engagement here. Here are My Best Posts On Parent Engagement Over The Past Three Months: Infographic: Math Cheat Sheet For Parents Infogra
3-2-14 Engaging Parents In School… | Going Beyond Parent "Involvement"
Engaging Parents In School… | Going Beyond Parent "Involvement": “Research Findings From Learning at Home: Families’ Educational Media Use in America”Q & A With Lori Takeuchi: Research Findings From Learning at Home: Families’ Educational Media Use in America is from the Harvard Family Research Project. Here’s the part most useful to educators: How can practitioners support families