Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 28, 2014

3-28-14 Schools Matter

Schools Matter:









Know any social justice oriented UCLA students? Get them to #resistTFA
I wrote the Op-Ed following this introduction for the Daily Bruin when I first returned to UCLA as an undergraduate last September. It was patently ignored by the editorial staff, as were my requests for modification guidelines to get it published. While I have a haunting suspicion that some of the editorial staff may have been protecting Teach for America (TFA), I got so busy with my course-load
3-27-14 Schools Matter
Schools Matter: NYTimes Editorial Board Goes Soft on 4 Year OldsMaybe Brent Staples is getting sentimental in his middle age, but the Editorial Board is suddenly all misty-eyed about pre-K and kindergarten urban children being kicked out of school for any breach of the total compliance system perfected in the KIPP reform schools.I, too, worry about these children, but I worry, too, about the ones