Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, March 28, 2014

3-28-14 @ The Chalk Face

@ THE CHALK FACE:






Katherine Duran Shares More of Her Story
I’m the mom who was “suspended” from my son’s elementary school. They can lie all they want about me, but this is about my child. When they crossed the line at firs,t I gave them the benefit of the doubt because just as stated in the letter my son handed out, we love or teachers […]

The Conversation: Relaxing zero tolerance in schools could be Obama’s boldest civil rights reform
Relaxing zero tolerance in schools could be Obama’s boldest civil rights reform 
Reclaiming “No Excuses”: A Reader
Reclaiming “No Excuses”: A Reader. via Reclaiming “No Excuses”: A Reader.


#optout contemplation 2011: This is how it happened.
For as long as I can remember I have had serious issues with high stakes standardized tests. However, it wasn’t until after NCLB was in full swing and my son started to dread going to school that I actually contemplated doing something about it. I know that sounds kind of funny coming from me—a full […]
My Book Is Soon to Arrive
Hello, all. I wanted to let you know that it looks like my book will be published at some point over the next couple of weeks. The title is A Chronicle of Echoes: Who’s Who in the Implosion of American Public Education. Information Age (North Carolina) is the publisher. It is a big book– 508 […]


3-26-14 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: Snow Blind: “Trapped in the Amber of This Moment”Snow Blind: “Trapped in the Amber of This Moment”. via Snow Blind: “Trapped in the Amber of This Moment”.1 by plthomasedd / 8min 3-25-14 @ The Chalk Face@ THE CHALK FACE: What to Expect When Your State is Being Run AmokI had the unique experience of living in several states as the reform onslaught took hold over America’s public sc