Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, March 27, 2014

3-27-14 With A Brooklyn Accent Go BATs All Week

With A Brooklyn Accent:







Where is The Human Touch?

To me, one of the most powerful experiences in education is when a student comes back to the school they attended to visit with a teacher who had a large impact on them. This happens to me on a regular basis and it is one of the best parts of my job. But current education policies emanating from Washington are making this impossible. Not only are some of the best teachers quitting in protest again


3-25-14 With A Brooklyn Accent Go BATs All Week
With A Brooklyn Accent: My Long and Convoluted Parth To Anti-Racist Scholarship and ActivismSpeech at the University of MarylandDr Mark Naison The subject of my talk today is my own evolution as an anti-racist activist, which led from cautious participation in the Northern Civil Rights movement, to involvement in the Columbia Strike and NY and National SDS as a theoretician on race and Black natio