Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Vilson Unplugged (Featuring Deepak Chopra) - The Jose Vilson | The Jose Vilson

Vilson Unplugged (Featuring Deepak Chopra) - The Jose Vilson | The Jose Vilson:



Vilson Unplugged (Featuring Deepak Chopra)

by JOSE VILSON on FEBRUARY 6, 2014
in JOSE
Deepak Chopra
Deepak Chopra
Confession: I haven’t had earphones on for the last month and a half.
Perhaps some of that has to do with my iPod’s phone jack loosening up, causing me to twist the plug too much to get maybe 20 minutes of uninterrupted listening. I generally use my iPod for 90 minutes, 45 minutes to and from work, to charge and recharge my mental battery. While I enjoy listening to my Metallica and Elton John on a regular basis, I also knew it was my sonic therapy. It kept my mind off the stress I deal with on a daily basis, even if my eardrums were after a Wu-Tang joint.
I always used the excuse that I was controlling my environment, and maybe half of the 90 or so passengers who ride the same train car every morning share the same sentiment. Many New Yorkers like me grow tired of the random folk who end up on our ride: the drunk man yelling curses at long lost lovers, the pseudo-crooner who thinks Jodeci is appropriate morning music, the b-boys screaming “Showtime” for the umpteenth time, the chatty women complaining about
- See more at: http://thejosevilson.com/vilson-unplugged-featuring-deepak-chopra/#sthash.64mdMLXe.dpuf