Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, February 10, 2014

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Week in Class: Weeks 13-20 the Lost Files

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Week in Class: Weeks 13-20 the Lost Files:



Week in Class: Weeks 13-20 the Lost Files





 Hidden Message in Credit Card
I have been a super-bad correspondent since winter break started over a month ago. For this I will apologize. Writing about what I am actually doing in my class is important, and not just for the handful of readers perusing my blog. It’s important for me to think honestly about my practices, and to try to do better. What was I doing?
  1. I had a major bought of nesting around my home, putting in a nook, reorganizing my study and kitchen, canning marmalade (not so successful, but still lots of fun).
  2. I relaxed, I’ve been going to the gym, I’ve been spending time with family, watching Netflix, and reading novels. For the first time, my husband took off all Thanksgiving week, and two weeks at Christmas to spend so we were ALL together for a break.
  3. I’ve been working with colleagues at my work discussing what we’re doing with Common Core and in our classrooms more generally.
My time has not been wasted, but I’m overdue to get back on the blogging habit, so…here I am.

Working on projects and including inclusion students in it

Last year, due to family issues, I was not able to participate in a grade-wide project around country reports called “Tour of Nations”. This year I am participating, and it’s been a great chance to work on adapting a