Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Questions for a Standardized Test: Maybe Your Creators Can Answer!

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: Questions for a Standardized Test: Maybe Your Creators Can Answer!:



Questions for a Standardized Test: Maybe Your Creators Can Answer!


  • See the picture above, that's my first question.
  • Why am I told to make anchor charts that my students use throughout the year, and then told to take them down during testing? Do you really believe that any of my anchor charts have answers on them?
  • Why are we told to use technology to enhance instruction, become paperless, etc.., and then told our kids cannot use the computers once they are finished the test? What are they going to be able to do, give another student answers?
  • Why must I force my students to sit for hours taking a test that proves...?
  • Why do my students' show growth on these tests, but are still made to feel like failures because they did not meet the "target"?
  • Who created these "targets"? What are they based on? Made a call to DOE 2 years ago, still waiting for an answer.
  • Why am I giving a Science test based on the K-5 curriculum? Seriously? Have you ever heard of the Summer Slide? Now, consider 4 years!Oh wait, I forgot, I can