Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, February 6, 2014

2-6-14 Seattle Schools Community Forum Week

Seattle Schools Community Forum:











Ah, Testing - Here It Comes
I saw this in a comment and I thought I'd put it up:My bigger concern is that the district seems to be "piloting" standardized tests that might replace MAP in some populations/schools, and not in others - and those kids still get to take MAP too! As a former test taker for cash (seriously! paid to test standardized tests!) I deeply resent having my child lose instruction time to take MOR

KUOW wants Input on Transportation Changes

Want to talk about it to KUOW?  Call Andy Hurst, KUOW producer, ASAP.  They air at noon.Desk: 206.616.7649Cell: 206.617.3302
2-5-14 Seattle Schools Community Forum Week
Seattle Schools Community Forum: Advanced Learning: Where are going?Some updates:- according to the AL webpage, as of yesterday, 1,637 eligibility letters were sent (out of a possible 4024).  So if you were looking for one, it may be in the mail.  They started mailing them out on Jan. 31st.  Scores and eligibility decisions are NOT available by phone or e-mail.  - testing is continuing thru early