Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

2-4-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher

Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.:



boycott the ISAT








Tony at the Red Line Tap. Rahm’s $2 billion dollar scam.
  “Sean. I’d like a bottle of Crikveničko Svijetlo if you have any left.” Sean furrowed his brow. “Y’know, Fred. I’m out of it. But you might like Pivnica Medvedgrad Crna Kraljica, which I do have. It’s a bock beer, not a pilsner, but it is Croatian.” “I’ll try it,” I said. “I’ve actually been studying Croatian and Slavic history,” said Sean. “Did you know It is recorded that in the early 7th cen


The Cartoonist Laureate of Vermont.
  Congratulations to our old friend Ed Koren on having been named the Cartoonist Laureate of Vermont.
A Chicago testing hornet’s nest. Boycott the ISAT.
  Graphic: Fred Klonsky When CPS CEO Barbara Byrd-Bennett issued her testing letter to parents and teachers last week, it opened a hornet’s nest. In her usual threatening, blundering way, she told parents: This year’s ISAT will be more aligned to the Common Core. Some claim that this test will not count for anything as the state moves toward PARCC, however, I believe it is still an important exam


2-3-14 Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher
Fred Klonsky | Daily posts from a retired public school teacher who is just looking at the data.: Stealing from old people.We live in a state and country whose political leaders and corporations have no problem with stealing from old people. And by old, I mean anyone over the age of 65. Maybe we need a new word, but you know who I’m talking about. And, of course, not just us. But still, us. In Ill